Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I WILL arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there,
of clay and wattles made:

Nine bean-rows will I have there,
a hive for the honey-bee,

And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes
dropping slow,

Dropping from the veils of the mourning to
where the cricket sings;

There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a
purple glow,

And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree by William Butler Yeats

2 comments:

West Coast Island Gardener said...

Hello Lisa,
what do you know of Phyllosticta leaf spot on Magnolias? A fellow blogger is trying to save her very special magnolia.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am going to do a three month internship at Innisfree Farm beginning May 1st. I just wanted to contact you to see if you had any advice for someone in my place. Great pictures on the blog by the way! I am very excited for my internship; Innisfree looks like such an amazing place! I would greatly appreciate any advice you have as to what to expect, what to bring, etc.
Thanks!
Emily