Saturday, May 10, 2008

Summer Practicum at Innisfree: An Introduction

This humble blog is about my summer practicum at Innisfree Farm in the little village of Royston, located on on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I decided to start this blog on the gentle prodding of my sister, a beautiful blog maker herself who also inspired my other sister, who now too blogs beautifully. I'm wondering if this is some pyramid scheme I have entwined myself in, and the original beautiful blog making sister is the pharaoh-queen, reaping some reward as a result of her recruitment, either in this life or the next.

The Cult of the Blog.

"Blog" is definitely a word that sounds funny after saying it two or three times. Here it is in a poem

I blog, I blog
in garden clogs
after I slog through gunnera sludge
until the sound of the song of the frogs

I slog,
I blog
in garden clogs

Actually, since this blog will perhaps be submitted as part of my garden journal for the horticultural technician program I am in, I should write

I blog, I blog
in CSA approved steel toe-and-shank footwear

but that doesn't rhyme so good.





1 comment:

West Coast Island Gardener said...

This is not a pyramid scheme even though we do share the same mummy. But, I confess, I am in it for personal gain - to keep up with all the fascinating things you do! You are wonderous to me!